Sunday, January 11, 2009

Alpha Soul


Alpha Soul is a new project I'm working on with DJ Ink (he's producin the entire EP), Noora Tommila (Eleanora Rosenholm, Lowlife Rock n Roll Philosophers) and Stina Koistinen (Mykaboom, Happy-Go-Lucky).

First of all, Ink is one of the most talented artist I've been workin with.
He hasn't been producin for a long time but I could honestly say that this dude is going places.
It is an honor for me to work with him on the early stages of his musical career, a true blessing.
Me and Ink met through Double M a year ago. Actually, Climate Change Vol.1 was recorded in his bedroom (I'm known to keep it raw like that, LOL). Shortly after the tape was out, Ink told me that we should start workin on a project together. At first the idea was to do a ruff draft in his livin room but the first beat he produced for me was so melodic and smooth that both of us felt like it needed some female vocals on the hook. I've known Noora for a long time and she's always been a really talented singer so I thought at once that I'm goin to ask her to lay the hook down. Before I even had the chance to sit down with Noora, Ink sent me this you tube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u04vlvu2Hww) with Stina on it and the song was soooooooo dope that I did some research on my own and contacted Stina and asked her to join us on this project.
So now we're workin on a project called Alpha Soul EP which will include around six songs.
The sound we're lookin for is melodic-mellow-smooth-boom-bap-old-school-new-school-true-school-no-games-no-gimmicks-just-real-Hip-Hop-music. We're half way ready but it's impossible to tell you the release date of the Alpha Soul EP because all of us are really busy and everybody's workin on several projects but I'll tell you this....it's gonna be off the hook.

Peace & Love

Yours Truly,

Riq Alpha aka Riqzilla aka Riq Money Bags aka Riq The Ruler

Check Out Noora on

http://www.eleanoora.com/

Chack Out Stina on

http://www.myspace.com/happygoluckyband

No comments:

Post a Comment